Top Five Things to Look for When Hiring a Real Estate Agent
Buying or selling a home is one of the biggest financial transactions for many people. It can be an exciting time for people as they embark on their homeownership adventure. While the idea of buying your dream home is thrilling, it can become stressful once the reality of the work involved sets in. The best way to ensure a smooth home purchase or sale is to hire a professional real estate agent.
A professional real estate agent will handle the research, paperwork, negotiations, showings, marketing and many other details on your behalf. Given their knowledge and experience in the market, hiring a real estate agent can increase the value and speed of your real estate transaction while making the process easy and enjoyable for you.
To help you choose the right professional for your needs, we’ve compiled a list of the top five things you should look for when hiring a real estate agent
1. A full-time real estate agent. Hire a full-time professional who will put you and your families needs first. An agent who only works part-time may be missing out on the market action and may be less dedicated to your real estate dreams.
2. Listening Skills. Seek an agent who will take the time to hear to your wants. A new home is a massive, long-term investment. A qualified agent will spend a lot of time getting to know you, your needs, and desires before showing you any potential homes.
3. Investigative skills. It’s in your best interest to hire an agent who is not afraid to ask questions to discover all the positive and negatives about a home. The right agent will always take the time to investigate all the unknowns in a property, so there are no surprises before, during, or after the keys exchange hands.
4. Integrity. Your agent will be representing you and your family during a real estate transaction. Hire an agent who will stick to their business morals, no matter how the situation unfolds.
5. Honesty. A qualified real estate agent will be frank with you about your home purchase or sale and any potential problems. Hire an agent that offers honest opinions and accurate advice.
Interested in buying or selling a real estate property in Niagara, Welland, Fonthill/Pelham, St. Catharines, Lincoln, or Grimsby? Contact Christine Gazzola for all your real estate buying and selling needs. Christine has lived and worked in Niagara her entire life. She is committed to connecting great people with great homes!